Performance Management Competencies™ (PMC’s)
Performance Management Competencies Coach Training by QBS is a unique, self-paced training course offering organizations an effective way to improve new and front-line manager performances and staff supervision. Developed in everyday language, each training module teaches specific critical management skills, such as pinpointing performance, providing feedback, or conducting brief counseling. This 2-day Coach Training course prepares PMC Coaches to deliver the PMC program in either classroom, PSI (self-paced), or hybrid methods.
All PMCs are based on extensive research in Performance Management and in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. These important skills can improve management performance in a variety of settings, including educational, residential, and treatment programs.
Efficient, Competency-Based Manager Training
- Managers can learn and be tested at their own pace
- Training can be done in or outside of the classroom setting
- Managers can be trained and certified as Competency Coaches, allowing them to teach and test the competencies of other managers
- Training focuses on critical, evidence-based performance skills, specific to the setting in which managers supervise performances of staff
- Easy-to-understand language, without unnecessary theory or jargon
Flexible Training System
When one or more members of your managers have been trained as PMC trainers, they can provide training to managers using either of these two approaches:
Classroom Instruction: Managers are trained in groups using a traditional adult learning model. Managers progress together through each module until they demonstrate competency according to the training criteria. All modules can be taught in a single classroom day or broken up into smaller sessions.
Self-Paced Instruction: Trainers can also use an innovative self-paced instruction program allowing managers to work through modules at their own pace and then work with a trainer to solidify the performance, demonstrate mastery of the material, and practice the skill in real-world situations.
Each class may have up to 15 participants who will be trained as Competency Coaches in PMC’s. These Coaches will then train additional staff in your organization. We provide onsite training at your facility, or you can sign up to attend an open session at our training center in North Attleboro, MA.
In addition to the training services, QBS also provides the following materials and services:
- Trainer Manuals: Each participant receives a PMC certification Trainer Manual
- PMC Certificate: Participants successfully completing the course receive a certificate reflecting their Certified PMC training
- Phone Consultation: A Master PMC Trainer is available to answer questions during the first three months after training
To view an example of the PMC curriculum, please click here.