Many times, customers and potential customers will ask us: Who within my staff should I send to the training?
We’ve found that the most successful participants have the following qualities:
- Eager to become a Geri-Care or Safety-Care Trainer
- Committed to a humane, person-centered approach
- Has 2+ years experience in direct care or clinical work with the same or similar populations
- Well-respected by their peers
- Has time management skills
- Able to present and teach comfortably and effectively to an audience
- Fluent in the English language *
- Able to learn, demonstrate, and explain physical skills of moderate complexity
- Physically able to move from a standing position to one knee and back up, without assistance or support
- Normal functioning and range of motion in arms, legs, hips, wrists, back, neck, etc *
* Safety-Care trainee materials are available in Spanish and English. We are working on a French version as well! If a trainer will be asked to train in Spanish, he or she should be fluent in both Spanish and English.
** A trainee who is not able to demonstrate all of the physical procedures in the curriculum due to physical issues may pass the overall course as a certified trainer with restrictions. Having restrictions means that the trainer is not certified to use or teach those specific procedures.
Please reach out to us with any questions!